
We weren't able to bring very many Christmas decorations due to the very limited space in our new place. So that included Christmas tree decorations. The kids have felt very deprived so we are doing an old fashion Christmas tree this year. We bought 36 candy canes.

Then we made non-edible ornaments. They are made out of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, apple sauce & glue. You roll them out & use cookie cutters to make the shapes. They smell heavenly. By next week they should be dry & we can decorate them.




We also made gingerbread cookies. My kids are not a huge fan of regular gingerbread so I found a recipe that uses butterscotch pudding instead of molasses.

Considering how much cookie dough & how many cookies we had left at the end of the night ~ they were a huge success. They were moist & tasted like ginger but not overpowering. Definitely worth putting it on our use every year recipe list.

Faith was hilarious when we were doing the cookie cutters. She got so excited she just wanted to put her snowman everywhere. Plus she kept eating flour. Whatever makes her happy?
While the gingerbread dough was curing in the fridge we watched this movie on u-tube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yWcxw6YeF8&feature=share (actually I was cleaning downstairs & rolling out the dough since we were past bedtime.) We had the Christmas music going in the background & everyone had a wonderful time.
I added the song, "I farted on Santa's Lap" to the blog music. The kids thing it is the most humorous song they have ever heard. Every time they hear it they start laughing until they fall on the ground. So cute.
2 comments:
You will have to put the recipe on your blog. The cookies look yummy.
Thanks for the Christmas letter. We got it yesterday...or the day before. It's fun to see your Christmas preparation pictures on your blog. You have a sweet family. I wish we lived closer. I am touched how your family has endured trough challenges the life has brought. Thanks for your example. We won't be sending Christmas cards this year because we are moving next week and it has been crazy, but our thoughts are still with you. Have a wonderful Christmas. Congrats again about expecting number 4 :)
Post a Comment