I'm growing increasingly dissatisfied with the lack of attention in the general public being paid to politics these days. Everyone wants to complain, ( or regurgitate a snipit they heard on the news) but nobody digs into anything and looks it up.
How much can one person affect things anyway?
I can't tell you how many times I've tried to discuss the Presidential Race with people recently and its as if nobody is paying attention. Sure everyone can tell you how much the yellow team has lost on the biggest loser and what is going on with the untimely death of Heath Ledger, but for some reason people don't give a flying rip about the candidates that are running. Did I mention that the Super Bowl is this Weekend? and Super Tuesday is right after.
Be you democrat, republican, libertarian or independent, at least you've picked a side. I just wish more people would examine exactly what it is they are choosing.
On the other hand, maybe its better this way. Maybe if you don't understand your responsibility, aren't willing to look at the consequences of your decisions you don't cancel out the vote of someone who really cares enough to research the policy's.
5 years ago









No comments:
Post a Comment