We had a wonderful Christmas vacation. First we spent the night in Sandy with Nat & Inga (Casey's dad & stepmom). They are always so glad to see us and are really nice (& a little crazy but that is family=) We spent most of the time in Pocatello (Idaho) visiting my mom and stepdad. We did our typical Christmas Eve that I LOVE!! We had a wonderful dinner of ham, mashed potatoes, rolls, veggie tray and salad.
Then the nativity. It is so much fun now that Paris can participate. She was Mary and Casey was Joseph. We read the story from the bible and sing the correlation Christmas song (though we did shorten it to fit a 3 year old attention span). We explained how Mary was pregnant so she needed to wait until baby Jesus was born before she could hold him. Casey had a very funny solution of putting baby Jesus (her baby doll) in her pajamas. Then she "had" the baby by pulling him out the top. She rode the donkey (AKA as Me) into Bethlehem. When Jesus was born she was so tender wrapping him in swaddling clothes (AKA a blanket) , rocking him, kissing his head, and saying "it's OK". I was also the shepherd, angel, star & wiseman. My mom has a sheep skin so we put that on Marshall as he was crawling around as our sheep. Spencer (my stepdad) read the story and my mom played the piano. It was everything I could have hoped for and more. It was such a special spiritual experience. I am so grateful to my Saviour for everything I have been given. I have such a wonderful husband, beautiful awesome kids, amazing family & friends. After we got into the car and went and looked at Christmas lights. I LOVE CHRISTMAS!
Christmas was fun! Paris & Marshall loved their presents and played all day. Later Spencer, Casey, Paris and I got bundled up and went sledding. They had gotten a ton of snow so it was fun. Marshall was feeling sick so he stayed home with Grandma. Paris went down the hill on her own and we all made snow angels. Tons of fun. Spencer & Casey went snowboarding, we went on a date and we had a little get together with some of my cousins. I got to see my grandma (who helped raise me when I was young.) It is really hard for me to see someone I love in a nursing home and unable to get around the way she used too. She is still in good spirits and Paris was so sweet and gave her hugs and kisses (which I know made her day). I miss being able to see her and talk to her (her memory is getting pretty bad), but she is wonderful lady and I am glad she is still in my life. It was a great time.
We then went back to Utah and saw more family and opened more presents. Yeah. New Year's Eve we spent with Nat & Inga. It was a nice quiet evening. Quite a few of our family got pretty sick so we were happy to just get by with a cold.
Then the nativity. It is so much fun now that Paris can participate. She was Mary and Casey was Joseph. We read the story from the bible and sing the correlation Christmas song (though we did shorten it to fit a 3 year old attention span). We explained how Mary was pregnant so she needed to wait until baby Jesus was born before she could hold him. Casey had a very funny solution of putting baby Jesus (her baby doll) in her pajamas. Then she "had" the baby by pulling him out the top. She rode the donkey (AKA as Me) into Bethlehem. When Jesus was born she was so tender wrapping him in swaddling clothes (AKA a blanket) , rocking him, kissing his head, and saying "it's OK". I was also the shepherd, angel, star & wiseman. My mom has a sheep skin so we put that on Marshall as he was crawling around as our sheep. Spencer (my stepdad) read the story and my mom played the piano. It was everything I could have hoped for and more. It was such a special spiritual experience. I am so grateful to my Saviour for everything I have been given. I have such a wonderful husband, beautiful awesome kids, amazing family & friends. After we got into the car and went and looked at Christmas lights. I LOVE CHRISTMAS!
Christmas was fun! Paris & Marshall loved their presents and played all day. Later Spencer, Casey, Paris and I got bundled up and went sledding. They had gotten a ton of snow so it was fun. Marshall was feeling sick so he stayed home with Grandma. Paris went down the hill on her own and we all made snow angels. Tons of fun. Spencer & Casey went snowboarding, we went on a date and we had a little get together with some of my cousins. I got to see my grandma (who helped raise me when I was young.) It is really hard for me to see someone I love in a nursing home and unable to get around the way she used too. She is still in good spirits and Paris was so sweet and gave her hugs and kisses (which I know made her day). I miss being able to see her and talk to her (her memory is getting pretty bad), but she is wonderful lady and I am glad she is still in my life. It was a great time.
We then went back to Utah and saw more family and opened more presents. Yeah. New Year's Eve we spent with Nat & Inga. It was a nice quiet evening. Quite a few of our family got pretty sick so we were happy to just get by with a cold.











1 comment:
Brr. Looks friekin' cold!!! Cute pictures
Post a Comment