KC & J Bo Family

PLANT SMILES, GROW GIGGLES, HARVEST LOVE

"All that is needed for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." Edmond Burkes


Monday, October 27, 2008

Ward Trunk or Treat

We had our ward Trunk or Treat party on Saturday. It was really fun. We started with a cub scout fundraiser hot dog dinner, carnival & then went outside to trunk or treat. The kids looked adorable in their costumes & had a wonderful time.

Question of the day? How much Halloween candy do you think kids should be able to eat after the initial Halloween/trunk or treat night? As much as they want, couple pieces a day, 1 a day, all candy should be given away/thrown away after Halloween, any variations?Jasmine Princess & the Dragon ~ Roar!

6 comments:

steph said...

SOOOO cute! I especially love the dragon roaring at Princess Jasmine in the last photo! SO much fun! I wish I could have been there!
Hum.. now about the candy part... leave it up to the kids? (perhaps when they become older...) I remember we could eat it however, whenever we wanted... usually it only last a month or so. Do you remember that one year I made it last until Easter? Not a good idea... it gets old and hard..

Jenni said...

Your kids are so cute!! I love their costumes.
I had the same candy question. I may just let Ethan eat all he wants and just get it out of the way. We'll see how much he gets.

shmilyJ said...

So cute! I can't wait to have kids to dress up...since Jeff won't dress up or let me get anything for him to dress up in.

Heather said...

Cute cute costumes! About candy, I've always just let the kids have it when they want, it loses its novelty quickly. They get bored with it after a couple days and have picked out all the good stuff.

Katie said...

Love the costumes. They look so cute. I say somewhere that it is better to let them just eat the candy and then it won't leave sugar constantly on their teeth. But I have a hard time letting me kids do that.

New White Keds said...

Can't wait to see them in person tomorrow night!

Candy: we always got to dump it on the table and pick and choose and eat what we wanted the first night, to a point -- there was always bed time to consider. Then we got a piece or two a day for a while until we stopped asking or it magically disappeared.