KC & J Bo Family

PLANT SMILES, GROW GIGGLES, HARVEST LOVE

"All that is needed for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." Edmond Burkes


Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Good Pregnancy News

Well I went to the perinatologist, Dr Wold (who is awesome! He is funny, caring, & everything I love in a Dr) at Center for Maternal Fetal Care and he thinks things are looking good. I had a full ultrasound that checked for all the defects that you can have with GD (heart, weight, head, etc...) and the baby checked out OK. Plus the baby is measuring right on schedule and is (about, since it isn't perfect) 4.8 lbs. Which is in the 50% for 33 weeks gestation. So I don't seem to have any negative effects so far. BIG SIGH of relief... The Dr is hopeful that I can control it through just diet & exercise, which would be awesome. As long as I don't have to be put on medication then my risks from the GD go down to a normal pregnancy. Yeah!! So I get to test my blood 4 times a day & I pray that my numbers stay in the normal range. Crossing fingers. If everything stays in range I will see him in 4 weeks just to double check the baby.

Here is a cute picture of our little bundle of joy (not the best picture because the baby's head is down ~ mmmm... all the way down if you know what I mean so my pelvic bone was in the way).We were worried that we would find out the babys sex at the ultrasound, but it turns out no worries. The ultrasound tech said even if we wanted to find out we would have a hard time seeing. The baby is big enough that it is in the fetal position (legs together & pulled up to the chest) so no, we still don't know. =)

7 comments:

africa said...

I am so excited to find out what it is.

steph said...

Yea!! I'm so happy to hear this news!!! Keep it up Mama!

Shaul Family said...

Dang. I was hoping to find out the secret of the gender. Oh well. I'm glad the doctor went good and that everything is good. That is a big sigh of relief. Congrats

shmilyJ said...

Thats great that things are staying normal! We'll be praying for you!

Oh Jeff thinks it's a girl (no rhyme or reason as to why...just because :) )

Lenny and Amanda said...

good to hear all is well. Take care of yourself...

Sarianna said...

So glad that everything is going well. I hope the fingers aren't too sore! Good luck in your last couple of weeks!

Hilary said...

I'm s happy to hear that things went well.