KC & J Bo Family

PLANT SMILES, GROW GIGGLES, HARVEST LOVE

"All that is needed for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." Edmond Burkes


Saturday, November 5, 2011

Failed Cake Attempt

Normally I am a pretty good baker. Normally. Not so much this time. There is a little 9 year old boy in our ward that has luekemia. Our ward had a chili cook-off & cake sale to help raise money for the family. I tried to make a rainbow cake but it didn't work out very well. I borrowed 2 round cake pans from a friend but only had 1 round cake pan of my own. Normally I like to do at least 4-5 layers. So I figured I would make do with 3. Yellow, blue and red. The yellow totally broke when I took it out of the pan & the other 2 got stuck a little on the bottom. So annoying. We ended up doing blue frosting (majority rules with Marshall & Paris vote, Faith wanted pink) with candy in between the layers and on top. The kids had a blast putting the candy on. I told Casey we had to buy it since I would feel bad with anyone else getting my disaster. The kids thought it was the coolest cake ever. So all in all it was a win.

No comments: