KC & J Bo Family

PLANT SMILES, GROW GIGGLES, HARVEST LOVE

"All that is needed for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." Edmond Burkes


Sunday, August 10, 2008

Lake Powell Vacation



Well we are back from our last big vacation of the summer. It was rough spending 5 days in Lake Powell on a pimped out house boat but we survived. My brother invited us to go with their family. The house boat was really cool. It had 5 bedrooms on the main floor and below deck. The inside had heavy doors that locked so it was nice to be able to contain the kids. The 50' plasma tv w/ satellite, mahogany cabinets w/ glass inserts, granite counter tops, etc... Pretty sweet. Each of the rooms has a plasma tv/dvd player so it was nice to be able to let the kids watch a movie to contain them first thing in the morning before everyone else woke up.

They had a 10' slide that dropped 5 feet to the water. Casey took Paris & Marshall down. Paris thought it was pretty awesome after the first time. Marshall was not so pleased. We had a treasure hunt with the kids which was fun, but it was really hot carrying both kids while being 22 weeks preggo over the weeds. The older kids caught little frogs and all the kids had so much fun playing with them (though Paris let them go a couple of times which they were not so pleased about. At least there were enough that they found more fairly easily).

Casey took each of the kids on the jet ski's and let them drive. They thought they were so cool! My brother has a kickin boat (Malibu wakeboarding boat). Casey went quite a bit. He got so he got up each time and was working on getting some air. He he even went horizontal about 6' in the air. (Though he was pretty sore after from the landing on that one). He got pretty good by the end considering he had only gone wake boarding once before this week. Casey & Paris also went on the tube together. Paris was really afraid to do it (might have to do with the fact that she had seen the other boys do flips and get thrown off in tube wars). She said she really had fun after she was done. Casey also brought fishing poles and caught a 12" catfish. The kids thought it was pretty cool to see.

Being pregnant I really couldn't do a whole lot. I played on the beach with the kids and made a sandcastle. The water was really pretty warm. It was fun to swim in. Marshall tried to drown him self by falling off the small boat. He had his life jacket on (of course!) but he hasn't used a life jacket enough to keep him self upright. I am just really glad that he had the life jacket on. The kids did really good except Marshall got worn out by the last day and didn't like sitting on the small boat for very long. After we let him just play on the beach in the sand & with the frogs he did tons better.

It really was a great time. I do think it would be much more fun with kids above 3. Who couldn't be happy in such a beautiful place?

5 comments:

Sarah Kay said...

I can't believe it has been so long since I have actually have seen you that when I saw your 22 week belly I thought "wow, she popped!" Ha ha! Sounds like you had an awesome time. Good for you!

New White Keds said...

It sounds and looks like a memorable and fabulous vacation. I am so positive that your kids are going to grow up with the most amazing memories of summer fun, heck anytime fun, with their parents. You guys are such a great family! Glad you enjoyed.

And I agree with Sarah, you popped!

Shaul Family said...

Sure looks like fun. We want to have a boat someday. They are so much fun.

Kari said...

That sounds like a great trip you guys will always remember! Glad you're back, we should play Settlers next month.

Pettin'Tales said...

DANG!!! I am so JEALOUS!!! I love LOVE Lake Powell and it has been SOOOO long since I've been there. It looks like so much fun, and a house boat is definitely the way to do Powell!