We just got back from our Joe's Valley Reservoir Camping Trip. We went with Casey's mom & Stepdad (Kristine & Bob), Casey's brother's family (Jon, Amanda, & Judd) and Our friends the Valgardson's (Kam, Sarianna, Calder, Asher, & Linden). We really had a fun trip. Here is a run down of our adventures & some pictures to highlight.
1st day Wednesday~ It was just our family the first day (After a 9 hour drive including stops the day before) We went on the 4-wheelers for a little trip. On the way to the campground we stopped & bought helmets for the kids (short side story- I had a pregnancy dream that Paris had been riding the 4-wheeler and died from not wearing a helmet the night before we left. So we decided to buy them some. Plus you can't be under 18 and ride a 4-wheeler without a helmet and they were enforcing the law where we were at. When we went to pick out the helmets Paris saw the pink helmet and refused to try on any other color. Then after she tried it on, would not let you take the helmet. So Casey decided every little girl should have a pink helmet.) On the 4-wheeler ride Marshall ended up falling asleep. It was so cute. Him asleep in his helmet that scrunches his cheeks together. Then when Marshall took his nap in a really hot tent (the camp site wasn't the best, basically no shade) Casey took Paris down to the lake to go fishing. That night after Jon & Amanda got there Casey, Jon & Paris went fishing. The got 7 fish. Paris even got her own fish on her Barbie fishing poll. Casey tried to help reel it in, but Paris set him straight. "No daddy. This is my fish! I get to reel it in" It was a 10" albino trout. Also the first night our air mattress died so we packed up our camp and moved closer to his mom's campsite. Jon & Amanda let us stay in their pop-up camper, which was very nice. =)
2nd day Thursday~ The Valgardson's cooked some really delicious dutch oven quiche. Casey had bought a little blow up boat. The kids took turns riding in the boat and just playing in the lake. Then we ate lunch by the lake. After we went on some short 4-wheeler rides. We cooked dinner that night of dutch oven chicken & dutch oven peach cobbler. Casey really did an outstanding job making & cooking dinner. It turned out awesome!!
3rd day Friday ~ Casey made an yummy dutch oven mountain man breakfast (sausage, hash browns & eggs). So good! It was nice because we had some cloud cover and we went skeet (clay pigeon shooting). The kids did a lot better then I thought they would. Jon & Casey hardly missed a shot. Sarianna did pretty good. It was fun just enjoying the outdoors and being able to talk. That night we all went fishing at Potter's Pond. All the kids were able to catch (i.e. reel in a fish). They thought it was the coolest thing ever. Marshall had his little fishing pole and wanted to fish just like daddy. Jon & Casey were so awesome with the kids. They would get the line out then when a fish would get on they would call to whatever kid's turn it was. We ended up catching a total of 5 fish that night.
Saturday we broke camp & headed up to Sandy. It was Casey's dads birthday. We met up with Casey's step sister and the kids had a blast playing with their cousins. It really was a fun time!












8 comments:
Those are the cutest kids I have ever seen. I wonder who their Grandma is?!? Thanks for sharing.
Love You!!!
Mom
I can not say I'm jealous you went camping, since I'm the worst camper ever, but I would love a little vacation. Glad you enjoyed it!
Cute Pictures! It looks like you had a lot of fun! By the way I am not sure what program I used for my header, I did it at my friends house I can ask, where do you get your pages at?
Fuu-uun! Looks like a blast, and good mommy having the kids wear helmets!
Everything is going well here. Just trying to get on a good schedule with the kids. Daniel is working and we are looking at houses. Nothing new yet.. How are you and your family doing? Looks like you are having a fun summer.
Jen,
These pictures are so cute. Your kids are so cute. It is so fun that you got to go with Amanda and Sari. It is sad that everyone is moving but I am glad that we are friends because I know you are staying. Thanks to your mom. The camping also looks outdoorsie. I think I am indoorsie this year. xo. ash
Ok. I'm gonna invite myself on your next camping trip. Looks like you had a blast. We just got back from Cali last night.
I know what you mean about feeling like family. I see these pictures with the Valgardsons and get a little jealous - "hey how come they didn't invite me; I mean I'm family too." (Just kidding, I am SO not into camping.) Glad you guys got some lovely fellowshipping in. We miss them too.
Post a Comment