KC & J Bo Family

PLANT SMILES, GROW GIGGLES, HARVEST LOVE

"All that is needed for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." Edmond Burkes


Wednesday, July 9, 2008

And We Are Having A.......

Front ShotSide Shot

Left foot

Right Foot
We went in for an ultrasound (18 weeks) and everything is looking good, which we are so relieved. We are continuing to cross our fingers for a healthy baby. Right now they are estimating the baby is 8 oz. Crazy huh!

**Lessons Learned**
I'll start by saying that I am going to share the following with the hope that it will help someone not go through the heartache that I have gone through. Before I knew I was pregnant I got a nasty UTI (i.e. bladder infection) and went to an urgent care to get it taken care of. They asked if I was pregnant, I said I don't think so but I might be. Well long story short they gave me medication that is not safe to take when you are pregnant. Everything seems to be looking OK for us, but my advice: if there is any possibility that you could be pregnant ask for a medication that is safe to take when pregnant for any ailment. There is a very safe medication to take when pregnant for an UTI, but for some stupid reason instead of erroring on the side of caution they gave me something else. I knew that there are medications that are OK to take when pregnant and I assumed that is what they had given me. My fault for not asking the right questions. Hind sight is 20/20, of course.

**We are waiting to find out what the baby is until December. We told the ultrasound tech that we didn't want to know so we really have no idea. It is actually pretty exciting. =)**

5 comments:

Elle said...

Congrats on the boy, I was right. To answer your ques. Easton's swimming suit was $40 at a way over priced kiosk, but I didn't buy it, so that was fine. Miyah's suit was $14 at Target. I did buy that one! Congrats again.

Jenni said...

I must of missed where you said you were having a boy. Was it in the ultrasound picture? I am so bad at seeing anything in those. Anyway - congrats on the boy! My vote was right - yes. It will be fun for Marshall to have another brother close to his age.

Jennifer B said...

Actually we don't know what we are having. We asked the ultrasound tech not to tell us. So we will have to wait until December to find out whether brother or sister. =)

Janet said...

I'm SO excited you guys are waiting to find out. :O) I think it will be an awesome experience for you to wait until you see the little one. Yay for real surprises! :O)

Sarah Kay said...

Don't you just love sneak peeks? What a great invention, ultrasounds! I would try not to stress too much about the medicine. We all do things before we know we are pregnant. (For alot of people drinking alcohol leads to getting pregnant, ha ha!) Before I knew I was prgenant with Lily I used my Mother's Day spa-day at Red Rock. Enjoyed a whole day of massage, sauna, and hot tub - all big fat non-no's when you are preggo. She seems pretty normal to me so I think it was ok. :)