Casey is now selling at Del Webb Sun City Mesquite.It is an active adult community (meaning one person buying the house must be 55 or older and no one under the age of 18 is allowed to live in the house). It is a beautiful community on top of a hill. Sales have been slow the last little while but Casey's has been told that it picks up this time of year. Most of the buyers come from out of state and use the house as a winter home. Soooo... if you know of anyone looking for a retirement or 2nd home please send them Casey's way.
It has been interesting so far from my view. Casey is carpooling 4 days a week to try and save money. It is 88 miles each way so the gas adds up. It takes him 1 hour 15 minutes if everything goes perfect. The other day there was an accident on the I-15 and he didn't get home til after 8:45. Argh... It makes for a long day. He also is has been leaving by 7:30AM, which is a lot earlier than he used too. I am a night owl so it has been an adjustment having to get up earlier. He is still having to work on Sundays. =( They told him that when he moved he would have Sunday's off, but now they are telling him to wait and they will see what they can do. That makes Casey really frustrated but what can you do. It's not like there are a ton of jobs out there right now. All in all Pulte/Del Webb is a great company. I just hope that sales will be worth the drive out to Mesquite. Time will tell.









4 comments:
its actually 88 miles each way, needless to say books on tape are a valuable Distraction
Sounds like there are a LOT of changes in your lives these days, on top of expecting the newest Bowen baby. Hats off to you all for being so flexible and making it all work.
Can I send my in-laws to Mesquite? LOL
PS, cute new blog background, but what happened to the flag?
Oooooo Poooooo, That is so not right!!! I'm sorry to hear about the commute Casey has to go through! Lot's of talk radio...music, etc. It still is crappy! I do hope that things go well for him! I know you are not having fun getting up early, girly girl! I hope to see you soon! Hang in there!!!
Arg! Commuting is stinky! I hope things will go smoother soon. How are you feeling lately? by the way, how do you change your blog so often and not lose any info from your last blog? Every time I change my background I lose all of my links. Since you are the expert, I need help!
Post a Comment