KC & J Bo Family

PLANT SMILES, GROW GIGGLES, HARVEST LOVE

"All that is needed for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." Edmond Burkes


Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Utah Trip + More Stomach Flu

Casey ended up having one of his best sales months in forever. The only down side was that his partner ended up getting laid off. So he ended up working 10 days straight. Which he was able to turn into 15 sales in a month (whoo hoo to my awesome husband). Casey was the #4 sales person in the nation for Pulte Homes for April. He then got a new partner and we decided to take a couple of days off and head up to Utah.

Casey's grandpa & grandma had both been in the hospital that week. So we wanted to take some time and spend it with them. Also my nephew got baptised. Which turned out awesome. (let's be honest I was a little worried. There was 3 families there. My brother's family (us), his wife's family, and her previous husband family (he passed away in a mining accident).) Everything went well. Plus we were able to see lots of family and cousins. It had been a little while since we had been up so it was nice to visit. We also got to see our friends, the Valgardson's. Both Paris & their son Calder have been going through a hard time without each other. After we left Calder cried because he was so sad to see his best friend Paris go. Life can be hard when you are 3. (let's be honest I miss them just as much as Paris).

As always there was the family drama, but I am learning in my old (hehehe) age that it is better to let things go then dwell on them. You can't change who the people are in your family. All you can do is decide to take the high ground and choose not to let what they say bother you. Life is to short not to be happy.

As we were getting ready to leave Provo Marshall ended up getting sick... all over the car. He was sick the entire way home. At least he only vomited 1 day. Then a couple of days later I caught it. I am learning to be more patient and trying to be more understanding. Sickness has been one of the learning experiences for me. Luckily we are both feeling better (Yeah!!). My hope is you usually only get the stomach flu every couple of years. So I figure that means I have at least 6 or so years til I am up to have it again. =) There are a couple of pictures of the kids when we got home and were unpacking. Paris was in her princess dress and Marshall was feeling sick (sucking his thumb and rubbing his blanket).

2 comments:

Shaul Family said...

We've had the flu twice. It stinks. Hope you don't get it again!

New White Keds said...

You get some of the BEST photos of your family! I hope you are putting together some kind of album for them to look at when they are older. You have a great eye for the shots, and I love it when you share them on here!

Also, so glad to know you are feelig better, and the Marsh man too! No more stomach owies for 6 years sounds fabulous! Unlikely, but fabulous the same.