KC & J Bo Family

PLANT SMILES, GROW GIGGLES, HARVEST LOVE

"All that is needed for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." Edmond Burkes


Sunday, April 27, 2008

Surviving the Stomach Flu

Wow. This week has been rough. I started the week with a bad case of the stomach flu. Not a fun experience. On top of that Paris had an ear infection. Going to the Doctor when you are not feeling well with a screaming little girl is on my list of things I would rather not do again. Then Marshall got a really bad case of the stomach flu. He couldn't keep anything down for 2 days. Let's just say I have never been thrown up on so much in such a short period. Poor little guy! He has finally stopped throwing up but we are still trying to survive the other end of this sickness. I hope for everyone sake we are on the tail end.

The only saving grace is my sister came into town for a day during the worst of everything. I don't know how I would have gotten through without her. With me not keeping anything down trying to clean up after Marshall, I was a pretty sad mess. Heavenly Father definitely was watching out for us. I am sooo thankful for the little things in life that help us stay sain. Plus I was able to get a nap when Marshall slept. She also helped with the never ending stream of laundry when you have a sick kid.

"If it doesn't kill you it will only make you stronger." Do I look stronger yet?

6 comments:

Hilary said...

I am so sorry to hear that you have been sick, especially with sick kids. It is hard enough to deal with one or the other, I hope that you will all be back to your best selves quickly. Take care. It is always a good reminder though to know that the Lord is watching out for us, even if it takes a week... of sick...

Jenni said...

I am so sorry - having kids with the stomach flu is the worst! Ethan always seems to have it for numerous days - sounds like your kids are the same.

shmilyJ said...

Wow...I'm so glad Jeff and I only got colds...but it was a similar scenerio-both sick and energyless, but still trying to get things done. Glad to hear things are starting to get better :)

New White Keds said...

We'll start calling you Hercules! You look no worse for the wear, and so glad that both of the kids are doing better. Yummy Grapes!

Shaul Family said...

I hate sick kids. I'm sorry. In addition to the whole Tatum thing, Evan and Ammy had the flu. It's horrible. I empathize.

africa said...

I hope you guys are over the worst of it. We have had that several times this year. Yuck!