
The whole family went to the fair on Friday afternoon. It was a cute fair. I really had unrealistic expectations since the fair I went to growing up is huge (say about 10 times the size). That probably has to do with it being Idaho & rodeo country (Dodge National Rodeo). That being said it was really fun for the kids. They were able to see a real cowboy (world record holder) to rope tricks. He also used a bull whip and threw knifes at his wife while she was spinning. It made me pretty nervous, but he was really good and luckily didn't hit her. Then we had some really good BBQ beef sandwich, corn on a stick, corn dog for the kids. I love fair food! It is a good thing that the fair is only once a year.
Then Paris got to ride on a pony which she was soooo excited about. She couldn't stop smiling. I think she will be a cowgirl someday. Then we went to the see the animals. They had cows, pigs, goats, chickens, chicks, roosters, pig & 2 week old piglets, rabbits & more. The kids loved the animals. Marshall kept trying to feed the animals his fingers. How nice! It is kind of sad to me that living in a big city that is not apart of their every day life. There are some horse ranches in the area but everything is so private you don't really see them.
Next we went to the carnival rides. We bought the kids each 5 tickets. Marshall favorite ride was the airplane ride that went up in the air and you could "shoot" at the other airplanes. Paris liked all of them but I think she really liked the pink horse on the Carousel. I just wish we would have remembered our camera. Sigh....









3 comments:
I wanted to take the kids to the fair so badly this year, but couldn't muster the courage to take all 15 kids by myself. Maybe we'll have to tag along next year
Way cute picture of your little Cowgirl Paris. She is so dang cute! We will have to go next year and check it out.
Did that fair in Idaho happen to be in Blackfoot? If so have me tell you a story about the "gravitron" there. Looks like fun times!!!
Post a Comment