KC & J Bo Family

PLANT SMILES, GROW GIGGLES, HARVEST LOVE

"All that is needed for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." Edmond Burkes


Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Valley of Fire Camping Trip

We went on our first camping trip of the year!! Yeah!! The Nevada State Park, Valley of Fire is about 1 hour away. We went with our friends Josh & Lizzy and their 2 kids, Xander (3) and JuJu Beans (6 mths). The scenery is just amazing. If you haven't been there you really should go. The campground has a covered area over the picnic tables with red rock all around. The kids went crazy climbing on all the rocks. We had some fabulous dutch oven chili & raspberry cobbler. (Yummmm... I love raspberries!). Then for breakfast dutch oven mountain man breakfast (think bacon, eggs & hashbrowns). We went on a hike and saw some petrographs. Now is the time of year to go since it got up in the low 90's.

8 comments:

Shaul Family said...

Looks like fun. You guys have to come camping on our property this year with us. That would be a blast

Jenni said...

It looks like such a pretty place! How fun! Your kids look adorable - love the hats!

Elle said...

Couldn't say I was envious until I heard about the food. Is it possible to camp in a hotel, and get that good campfire food?

New White Keds said...

You really have a knack for capturing some beautiful shots with the camera. The fact that the kids are too cute for words does not hurt, but you really seem to haev a gift. Great shots!

Hilary said...

So I thought that I would invite you and your cute family over to my parents on Sunday, we are having a casual get together if you can join us :) Yes I know that Salt Lake is a bit out of the way, but I had to invite you. The kids and I came to town to surprise my dad for his birthday.

It looks like you had a great time on your trip. I hope that all is well. Talk to you soon I hope.

Mike&JenFamily said...

That looks like a really fun camping place. I can't believe how close it is too. Way cute pictures of the kids!

Pettin'Tales said...

We love valley of fire! We definitely need to go sometime together! (Before it gets too hot:)

Jaden J. Petersen said...

Looks like fun, I wish I liked camping I want to eat that yummy food you guys cooked.