




Faith had been congested and started having a cough Wednesday night. I then heard that there were some babies we know that had RSV so the next morning I made an appointment with the Dr. She listened to her chest & confirmed it. (though I did ask them to do the test just to confirm the diagnoses) She is now on a
nebulizer every 3-4 hours. She seems to have a light case ~ so far ~ we are hopeful that she will get much better soon. We really tried to keep her away from other kids but with 3 kids it is so much harder. I stayed at home from church with all the kids just to be safe. It was a hard mommy day for me. It seems like there is so much stuff going on (sick kids, no sleep, nursing issues, job issues, medical issues, extended family issues...) luckily I have a great husband that let me cry on his shoulder. I just need to have faith that things will get better, & even if they don't then that is OK as long as I have my family. RSV can be really scary we know of 3 kids that are in the hospital because of it. At least she is gaining weight well. At just under 2 months she is 11lbs 4 oz & 22 in long.
PS ~ For those of you following my medical stuff~ I had an abnormal pap smear when I found out I was pregnant with Faith. They
monitored it then did a biopsy after I got the clean health from having a baby. The test came back with
severely abnormal cells (cervical cells are on 1-6 scale 1=normal ~ 6=cervical cancer) my cells were a level 5. They went in and did a
LEEP (basically a electrical wire that cuts & burns as it goes) to take the cells (they took out 15% of my cervix or about the size of a large bouncy ball). They did a cervical block so I was awake. The worst part was the smell of burning flesh (sorry for he
TMI). The
pathology report came back no cancer (Yeah) & he got it all. Everything seems to be healing OK. One more thing to have going on. Again focusing on the good news ~ no cancer at this point!!
7 comments:
uuuuuggggggg! Holy Cow! I did not know all of this. I am sooo sorry to hear about such stresses. I am glad Faith seems to have a mild case. The picture of the nebulizer brings back horrible memories, and I'm sure those memories are not over. We have just been lucky enough not to have Easton sick this year.......yet. Are any of the babies in the hospital people from the ward. I know the Martin's baby had RSV. I am praying and sending good vibes your way. And I'm glad you have a clean bill of health.
That is awesome about the no cancer. I've been so wrapped up with my own busy life that i've been a slacker of a friend and haven't called you. I'm so sorry. I'm sorry about the RSV thing. That's hard too, but at least she's at home and not at the hospital. Other than that, how are you guys?
I can't believe in just a few weeks how more alert Faith is! I so miss you all! Way to have a good attitude Jen! You've had so much on your plate! Hang in there! I'm always with you even if I'm not there in person! You are an amazing sister, wife and mother! Don't forget that! You're one in the universe! (Can you tell I just finished your book... the host? I love you! Keep your chin up, you're bound to get a good stretch, jaja!
Sorry to hear that Faith has RSV. Glad is seems to be a minor case. Hope she gets feeling better soon. It is so sad when they are sick - especially at that young.
I am so sorry you have had so much going on. Im so happy to hear that your surgery went well. It is so hard to be sick and to be a mom.
I'm so sorry to hear about Faith being sick, I am happy for you that she isn't so sick that she needs to be in the hospital. The nebulizer is a great thing, we've gotten pleanty of use out of Braden's.
I am so happy to hear that your test came back "no cancer", I wish that we were closer so that we could get together and talk more easily and often. I'm here even though it isn't close if you need anything let me know.
Dude Jen, the RSV thing sucks. Everything else looks great though (meaning all of the posts!). Some time we'll all have to go out and shoot the new guns!
Post a Comment