KC & J Bo Family

PLANT SMILES, GROW GIGGLES, HARVEST LOVE

"All that is needed for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." Edmond Burkes


Saturday, February 14, 2009

ER Trip = Roses


Thursday was quite an interesting day. That morning I was watching my friends little boy, Camden and the kids were playing. I was getting Paris ready for Preschool & trying to help her get her Valentine's done. Then I noticed around 11AM I was bleeding more than normal. I figured it was just my body being dumb & didn't think to much about it. Then it continued to get worse (TMI section ~ steady stream with lots of big clots) to the point that I called Dr Spoon. They told me to come into the office where they can put stuff on it to stop the bleeding. By this time I am pretty much getting worried. There was just a lot of blood. I called Casey & he told me to go in. My friend Jenny came to pick up Paris for preschool & then my other friend came to pick up her son. By this time I asked her not to leave because I started feeling weak. I figured it would be a bad thing to drive so I called Jenny & asked her to take me to the Dr. So I grab a garbage bag (so I didn't stain her car) & we head off. I wasn't sure if we should go to the Dr or the ER, but on the way I started feeling light headed, weak, & I just couldn't speak very well (later Jenny told me she kept worrying I was going to pass out). We got to the hospital & by this time I had blood dripping. They got a wheelchair & I was told I would be the next patient. While I was waiting there was a puddle under me so I asked Jenny to see if there wasn't something they could put to soak it up. Then they asked me to give them a urine sample. (Poor guy who had to clean the bathroom ~ it looked like someone had been shot). They brought me in a gown & told me to try and clean up. When they were checking me in Casey showed up. So they took me back to a room. By this time Faith needed to eat. So I asked Casey to go get her from Jenny. He comes back in & tells me they won't let him take her back. So I start crying & say I have to feed my baby. So I tell the nurse I will go back in the waiting room & feed my baby if they won't let me bring her in. A charge nurse overheard me & gave the OK to bring her in. So I started nursing Faith & the ER Dr Russell Clark came in to talk to me. He asks if I am OK partway into the conversation, then I tell him I am going to pass out. Casey grabs the baby as the Dr goes to grab me as I was falling out of the chair. He yells for a nurse & there are 4 people throwing me in the bed, putting 2 IV lines in, heart monitors, oxygen, (my heart rate was 120 & blood pressure 80/45). Casey was afraid he was watching me die before his eyes. When I passed out my eyes rolled up in my head, I was convulsing a little, & gagging. When I woke up I was so weak I couldn't move. (TMI - I started throwing up but couldn't even turn my head so they were afraid I was going to aspirate so someone had to turn me). After they had stabilized me they then took me in for ultrasounds & did a pelvic exam. Basically I was hemorrhaging from the incision, most likely because the scab fell off before I was healed & the best guess was because I am anemic is why I bled so much. Luckily my hemoglobin numbers were just high enough I didn't have to have a blood transfusion. Eventually the heavy bleeding stopped. So they sent me home with a prescription for iron pills to help with the anemia. Final diagnoses: Major hemorrhage with hypotension. Anemia.

On Friday I went into my Dr to have him check out the incision. He put some coagulating stuff on the incision, that I ended up being allergic to. It started burning pretty quickly after he put it on & by the time I was leaving I was in tears & asked him if it was supposed to burn this bad (it shouldn't). So he brought me back in & scrapped it off (as much as he could since he had to leave it on the scab or I would be back in the same position as yesterday) & rinsed it out. By this time I was sobbing on the table. I had been holding Faith & the nurse passed her to another nurse because needless to say I couldn't hold her at this point. Then he put some numbing gel on it. Which made it manageable. The Dr & nurse said they had never seen anyone allergic to the stuff in the entire time they had practiced medicine. What can I say I am special.

Normally I tell Casey not to give me flowers, but he went & got me some anyway. I guess a trip to the ER is a good reason to have flowers, plus it covers Valentine's Day & our Anniversary =) I feel much better now still weak. I'm sure that will get better in a little while. =) Here are some more pictures of my cute kids.

12 comments:

steph said...

I'm sooooo sad this happened to you! After we hung up... I kept it together until takeoff and then I started crying... had to run to the lav! It made me so sad to know you are going through this, plus just even the thought of possibly losing you... I love you, my little big sis! BTW the pics are SOOO cute! We love you all!

Erin said...

Oh that sounds so scary! Wow, you guys have been through a lot lately. We'll pray that that's the end of the scary stuff. I hope you are feeling better! I'm glad that everything turned out ok and you didn't need a transfusion or to stay in the hospital.

Elle said...

I freaked out so much when I read this, I have to many things to say I will call you.

Shaul Family said...

That is so scary. Oh my goodness. I'm so sorry. I had just talked to you on the phone too right before this happened. Oh how scary. Do you need anything? i will try to call.

Pettin'Tales said...

Come on! What else?!?!?! This pretty much sucks. How about no more doctors for a while!?!?!?

Anonymous said...

Jen you poor thing! I can't believe what you have been through in the last 2 months. I wish I was there to help and give you a huge hug! All I can say is that you are one tough cookie!! Those pics of Faith are adorable! What a smile! Hey, how about no more ER trips for a while? :)

Roxanne said...

Oh Jen- I have been watching and reading your blog- and my heart and prayers have been with you. Your babies are so beautiful! What a scary thing thing you've been through- between you and your baby! Whew! anyway- thanks for taking time to comment on my blog- I love you too! And yes- you are also very awesome!!! Love ya and give my love to your mom-k? Roxanne

Brandy said...

Jen- You poor thing! You have had your fair share of blows lately. I am so glad to hear you are doing better. Hopefully it stays that way. I'll keep you in my prayers that you stay on the up-swing!

mutze handknit by ashley said...

Faith is soooo cute. She is getting so big even with rsv. Poor baby. Cute pics. Happy birthday Casey.
Ash

Lisa said...

Im so happy you are okay. I understand too well this feeling. I had the same thing after I had Gabe. I know this is impossible but you need to figure out a way to stay down!!!
I wish we could help.

Jenni said...

Wow! What a scary story. Glad you are okay. I know it is hard, but try to take it easy for a while. You are brave.

Lynn said...

Oh my gosh kiddo! I am so sorry about all this stuff! I wish I were there to help out. I miss you. I want to hold your baby and see the 'big kids'.