KC & J Bo Family

PLANT SMILES, GROW GIGGLES, HARVEST LOVE

"All that is needed for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." Edmond Burkes


Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy 28th Birthday to Me!!

OK ~ So I had a really hard time figuring out what I wanted for my birthday (thus the earlier post). So my friend Amy and I went on a mini spa day. We got a facial and I got a mini pregnancy massage. The facial was awesome and I truly enjoyed it. The massage was OK. This was the first pregnancy massage and I didn't know that they have to do it fairly soft. I was hoping to be able to work some kinks in my lower back out, but they don't want to hurt the baby by doing it hard. I can understand that. So relaxing! I really would love to do it again, soon. =) Also part of my birthday present is I am finally starting to feel good!!! YEAH!!! I can't tell how exciting that is. I am feeling human again and my spirits have lifted. It's amazing what a week can do!

Friday the 13th, my birthday was a great day. Casey and the kids woke me up by singing me happy birthday and giving my gifts. The kids gave me a digital picture frame. Very cool. I have wanted one but didn't want to spend the money. Then Casey gave me a pair of very beautiful sapphire and diamond heart earrings. I really like them. He did good.
That night we went to our favorite steak house, Austin's Steakhouse (I have really been craving their Steakhouse Salad. So yummy. I might have to go back just to have that!) After that we drove down to the strip to the Venetian and went on a gondola ride. It was actually really nice. The gondola driver? even sang me happy birthday in Italian. Very cool!

We had a little pool birthday party with a couple friends. It was a nice night to swim and hang out . Marshall had a hay day with the cupcakes and brownies. During the night I think he went through 6 cupcakes and several brownies. We kept the get together outside which made everything so nice because I didn't have to worry about sticky fingers all over my house. After Paris got out of the pool she HAD to go put on her birthday shirt. Too cute! Good times!
I love birthday parties!!
What? I like cupcakes.Mmmmm... More cupcake!

4 comments:

Janet said...

I'm glad you had a good birthday and that you're feeling better. I'm sorry we couldn't make it - sounds like we missed out!

Erin said...

Sounds like such a good birthday! How fun! I am glad you are feeling human again. I'm almost getting there... I hope. Pregnancy has a way of making you really appreciate feeling normal. Every time I look at Marshall I just can't believe how much he looks like Casey when he was younger. How cute!

kimbo said...

Happy Birthday! FYI on the massage: it all depends on who does it. Some are overly cautious, but others will do it just as hard as a normal massage. Go at the very end of your pregnancy and it will be a great relief!

Jenni said...

Happy Birthday! You have the same birthday as Tommy. I love the cupcake pictures - so cute.