After Panda Bear passing away I really didn't want to think about getting another dog. It really hurts to someone you love. Sandy was really depressed too. She just wasn't herself and you could tell she was sad. I let her go play in the pool (which she loves) and then found her laying on Panda's grave with her head on her paws. I had to shed a few tears. It just isn't right to be alone. Panda and her have never been apart for 6 years. So Casey started looking around for lab dogs. I really didn't want a puppy. I have enough going on with having to deal with that phase. Every dog I was finding a reason something was wrong. I guess in my heart I am not ready to let Panda go, but Casey helped me realize that by getting a new dog I am not replacing Panda. Let's be honest no one could replace Panda. I needed to give any new dog a new chance and not compare them to Panda. So....

So we found a family that the dad had lost his job and they were short selling their house and moving into an apartment. They couldn't find an apartment that would allow them to have a dog over 50 lbs so they needed to find him a new home. Winston is 5 years old and a purebred black
Labrador R
etriever. He is trained to sit, lay down, shake, fetch, and preliminary bird hunting. He has been around kids his entire life and is a really good dog (besides the
whining, but again he is in a new place after being in the same home for 5 years.) The dad was pretty upset (but trying not to show it) about having to get rid of him. He had spent quite a bit of time training him. I think he felt better knowing he was going to a place that he would be loved.

Sandy & Winston play really well together
They look really serious because I am holding the ball and they are waiting for me to throw it.
2 comments:
Panda is such a sweet dog! I'm so sorry for her sickness (tragedy) and for her being gone. She is looking down on you and I know she can't wait to give you lots of kisses when you meet again! I too will miss her!
I can't wait to meet Winston. I'm so grateful that you are able to open your home/hearts to help out his past family. I know that you have lifted a huge weight off their shoulders! I'm know he is well loved!
Love ya ~Steph
What an awesome thing to do! I know its hard! But I'm glad that you have been able to help others in the process! You are so awesome!
Post a Comment