KC & J Bo Family

PLANT SMILES, GROW GIGGLES, HARVEST LOVE

"All that is needed for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." Edmond Burkes


Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Goodbye Panda Bear


While we were away on our cruise we got a call from my mom Tuesday night with the bad news about Panda. Earlier in the day she had gone out in the yard to find Panda Bear really sick. Amy & Ken came over and Panda was so weak that they had to carry her out. After giving her an IV, blood work & x-rays they found she was in kidney failure. Then they did an ultrasound that verified both kidneys were shutting down.

When we got home from our cruise on Sunday we came home and laid her to rest. Casey and I did a little service to say goodbye. I am heartbroken. I really love her so much. She was the sweetest dog. It was so sad Sandy came and nosed Panda (as to say, get up) and then whined. It's hard to loose your best friend. Panda & Sandy have been together since they were both 8 weeks old. She was with us for 6 years.

I will miss all her licks and loves. I wish I was able to be with her when she died. That hurts. (at least the vet is a really compassionate man and said he petted her and gave her loves). I wish I could have said goodbye. She may have been a dog but she was family. I just hope that she knows how much we love her & know that there is a special place in heaven for her to lick & love everything to her hearts content.

Best Friends


Licking ~ Her favorite past time


Marshall liked playing with her


So sweet with the kids

7 comments:

New White Keds said...

That was a beautiful homage to a very sweet puppy.

Panda Bear was a delight. While she was not doing well at the end, I hope you take some solace knowing that she did not appear to be in pain. She was just really tired.

I trust that she is in better place. Maybe my Mom will look in on her from time to time and they can hang out.

Shaul Family said...

Man, just reading that made me cry. I'm sorry. It stinks to lose a dog. We understand. They are part of the family even though they are just a dog. It is so hard. At least she is in heaven now with Divina too.

Ken said...

You made me cry. This was a very sweet tribute to Panda. It pained me to see her so weak. I couldn't drive past the vet's office last week because it made me sad.

Pets become as much a part of the family as anyone. I don't want to think about what will happen when any of our four go...

And yes, I can totally tell that Sandy is lonely. It is tough to lose your very best friend.

Elle said...

Oh, how sad, especially while you were gone. Something like this happened to Nick's dog. what is it with dogs and their kidney's?????

LoraLoo said...

I'm late catching up here... I'm so sorry for your loss!

Bobby Blankenbehler said...

That last picture is sooo cute! I remember her, she was a good dog.

steph said...

Goodbye for now Panda! Thank you for your love and kisses!

Her photos are absolutely beautiful! Such a sweet spirit!