5 years ago
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Sick Kids...
What could be more fun than 3 sick kids... Hmmm not really sure. Well Marshall got sick first then Faith and Paris. Since we are off insurance (since Casey started his new job we had a 30 waiting period before we can go on Richmond American Health Insurance coverage. So I called & talked to the nurse since we really can't afford to just go to the doctor unless we really need it. Basically she said it sounds like a viraul infection that could be H1N1 or just something similar. Love it... Hopefully they all get better really soon because going from one crying kid to the next all night leads to a very tired mommy. =) She said it normally runs 5-7 days but it's not uncommon to have it run up to 2 weeks. Urgh... Why is it that when we lived in Vegas we hardly ever got sick & in the last 4 months we have gotten really sick 2 times?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









4 comments:
Yucky kids are no fun! I hope those little ones are feeling better soon!!
Im so sorry you are going through this. I can't function when we don't have insurance. I hope your kids feel better soon, and I really hope you and casey don't get it.
Hi Jen,
Totally felt your pain last week with three sickies. We just got back on insurance and went ahead and ran up a large bill going to the doc to have him say it was a virus and would run its course. Don't you hate that!!?? Hope everyone is feeling better at your house..
Jen,
I am so sorry to hear about your kids being sick. Two quick suggestions for keeping you well/getting the kiddos better. There has been quite a bit of research done that is leading them to believe that inadequate levels of vitamin D contribute to lower levels of immunity (Vitamin D 3 is the best apparently), especially related to the flu. The second thing that I would suggest is picking up some "Wellness Herbal Resistance Liquid" by Source Naturals, I found ours at a local health food store. For quick explination, I am the one who always gets sick (usually twice), and have avoided it this time. Everyone else came down with the possible H1N1, I started Brit and Sahsa on this as soon as they got sick, and both were better within two days. Braden who gets extremly sick when something hits him (ie - dehydration/hospital) was better in three or four days. Email me if you want any more info. Good luck!
Post a Comment