KC & J Bo Family

PLANT SMILES, GROW GIGGLES, HARVEST LOVE

"All that is needed for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." Edmond Burkes


Thursday, May 21, 2009

Temporary Single Mom

Well the life adventure continues in the Bowen Family. Casey left tonight to go up to Utah to start his new job with Fieldstone Homes next week. The kids & I will be staying here in Vegas until our home closes or for awhile at least. Casey will be selling new homes for Fieldstone most likely in Lindon or Springville. Hopefully we will have a better idea what community when he starts next Tuesday. We are waiting to find a house to rent until we find out what community they put him in. After the 2 1/2 hour commute a day from Mesquite we really want him to be close to where he works. We are praying the market is better in Utah and he can sell some houses. Crossing fingers... If you are in Utah give Casey a call @ 702-370-7396. He is staying with his brother & his family in Lehi until we can find a home.

I am nervous about being a single mom with 3 kids 4 & under, but we do what we have to do. We are short selling our home because the value has dropped almost 50% and for some reason we can't cover the $200k. =) We were able to get multiple offers & got full listing price with the buyer covering the closing costs so I am hopefull the bank will accept the offer. That being said the process should probably take another 75 days or so. We are considering having the rest of the family move in July to try and avoid the August school year rush. It just depends on what homes are available to rent and if we find something we like in our price range. After everything that has happened we want to try and go very affordable (without me going insane with 3 kids). Luckily the Utah rental market is pretty afforable & we are hoping to stay in the $1000-1200 range. Then we can save up to put a nice down payment on a future home. Life should be pretty interesting never getting a break but luckily I have my mom & great friends to help support me. As I am learning... this to shall pass & be for my good. (OK I just keep reminding myself this quote!)

Here was Paris prayer tonight, "Heavenly Father, Thank you for this day. Thank you for going swimming twice. I had a lot of fun. Bless daddy to sell homes. Bless daddy that he moved to Utah. Help him to find a home so we can see him soon. Bless that it won't take to long so we can move our stuff and my toys to the new house so I won't have to miss my daddy very long. Thank you for Ms Tima & preschool. Name of Jesus Christ, Amen."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope things work out soon. What a cute girl that Paris. I also love the fishing pictures. How adorable!!!!

Lisa said...

Im sorry things have been tough. We finally got an offer on our home. We are hoping it closes this month, of course a short sell.

Seleta said...

Good luck jennifer, I hope that things work out well for you! You are in my prayers!

steph said...

Jen, you are a rock! Remember that! "I never said it would be easy... I only said it would be worth it!" Do you remember the poster I used to have hanging in my bedroom? I love and support you and will be coming out... I wish I could have been there for you more!

Elle said...

Being a single mom scared me at first, but now I am used to it and it isn't that bad. I do not have three kids nor an infant, but I do have two kids in their TERRIBLE two's. I hope all works out, and fast. So glad you are coming to Utah. We were just in Orem for Nate and Allison Williams baby blessing, and it wasn't that far, so I think we should see you a lot. P.S Muellar Park Jr. high is hiring a choir teacher my sister said. It is in Bountiful.

Jenni said...

Wow, a lot of changes in your life right now! Hope you don't have to be a "single" mom for too long. That gets very tiring! We'll have to get together when you move up to Utah. We are in Highland, so it sounds like you may move close.