KC & J Bo Family

PLANT SMILES, GROW GIGGLES, HARVEST LOVE

"All that is needed for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." Edmond Burkes


Saturday, March 7, 2009

Good-bye Grandma...

Sunday morning Casey's grandma, Rose Bowen, passed away. She was 93 and had lived a full life. Casey was driving up to Utah when it happened. Casey was able to be with his family for a private family memorial. Nama was a feisty lady and always kept things entertaining. We were able to have a couple of pieces of her jewerly that we plan to pass on to Paris & Faith when they get older to remember their grandma.

Saturday afternoon my grandma, Mary Tonks, passed away. She was 87. My grandma helped raise me as a child when my mom was working or going to school. She was the woman that taught me how to make bread & cookies. My mom would drop me off when she went to school & my grandma would watch me. I used to watch Seseme Street while she would take her nap. When we were at her house my cousins & I used to steal her papaya vitamins & eat them like candy. In the last years of her life she was so sweet & nice to all the nurses. I really loved my grandma & I know she really loved me. I will miss her but I am glad that she is out of pain, in a better place having an awesome reunion with my grandpa right now. My grandparents were some of the most wonderful people I will ever know.

We were able to bring the kids in to see her for 1 last time. She looked at them with such love & got a big smile. She just couldn't take her eyes off Faith. I am glad that she was able to see my children & her them before she left us.

Her funeral will be Thursday, March 12 @ 11AM.

11 comments:

Hilary said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Even though it is good to know that they are in a better place I understand all too well how hard it is to have them gone. Our prayers are with you. The pictures of Faith are precious!

Elle said...

I think I read casey's grandma's obituary.

Katie said...

I am so sorry for your loss. They sounded like great women. It is always wonderful to know that grandparents get to see our children. Looking into our grandparents eyes you know that they are proud of who we have become.

Pettin'Tales said...

It's always weird for me when a "grandparent" passes away, even though we know they've lived a full live, and it's usually "time" it's still a little sad.
Faith is a CUTIE, and I LOVE her little dress, I wonder what it would be like to have pink baby clothes.

Jenni said...

Sorry to hear about your Grandma(s). Faith looks adorable and is getting so big already!

Anonymous said...

Oh Jen, I'm so sorry! Some people leave a hole in you when they leave, but taht just shows how important they were to you.
Those pics of Faith are soooooooo, sooooooo cute! She looks a lot like Paris. That smile could melt anyone, anywhere! She's beautiful!

Lisa said...

Im so sorry you guys have suffered so much loss. It is so hard to say good bye, even if it is temporary.

steph said...

Jen, what beautiful tributes you wrote about Casey's grandma and grandma Tonks! We have so many wonderful memories, don't we? I'm so glad that you were able to see her again! I love hearing how she 'perked up' when seeing ur precious kids! Faith looks sooo cute in these photos!
I love you!!

Roxanne said...

My heart and prayers are with you and your families! Please give my love to your mom! I wish I had some magic words that made it all better- but actually we have something so much better- our faith and our knowledge of where they are now and what we all have to look forward to! Love you sweetie

Sarah Kay said...

You know, I used to eat MY grandma's papaya pills too. Ha ha! Don't you love having memories like that?

Sarah Kay said...

You know, I used to eat MY grandma's papaya pills too. Ha ha! Don't you love having memories like that?