KC & J Bo Family

PLANT SMILES, GROW GIGGLES, HARVEST LOVE

"All that is needed for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." Edmond Burkes


Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Red Rock Canyon


On Tuesday we went on a hike to Red Rock Canyon (it is just about 30 minutes to get there from our house). We went on the children's discovery trail which is about a 1 mile hike. Paris almost hiked the entire time, except for about 5 minutes. We had a little picnic. I can't tell you how nice it was to get out and enjoy the outdoors. The temperature was 75' in the shade perfect for hiking. We were trying to get Paris to stand next to Casey to get a picture, and she turns to Casey and says, "Daddy a spider". "It's a OK Paris just stand and look at mommy." "No daddy a big spider, right there." pointing right next to his foot. There was a tarantula spider that was as big as Casey's hand. Needless to say he jumped a little bit. Pretty cool, though. I have never seen one in the wild. We hiked into a place that has a waterfall in the winter months. That is where I and Paris climbed up the big rock (OK we actually climbed up the mountain and then onto the top of the rock, but don't tell) Then Paris wanted to slide down the rock. She actually got mad when I tried to hold her. So I held onto her shirt as far down as I could, then Casey caught her. (she did slide about a good 8-10 ft by herself). It scared the crap out of me sliding down. Not her. Then she gets down and says, "I want to do it again, Daddy". No fear. Ahhhh... We will definitely do it again. I was able to get both the kid backpacks for $5 each at a garage sale. I am so glad I was able to find them. I have been wanting to get some for awhile, but since they are $120+ they didn't fit into the budget. So yeah!!

2 comments:

New White Keds said...

I almost bought you a remote controlled tarantula as a result of this post :-) But I refrained. In the mean time, it looks like you guys had so much fun.

You already know how much I look to your parenting as a role model for what I hope Ken and I will eventually have the chance to do. But things like this hike and the pictures to make memories for your kids are just two more things to add to the list of reasons why.

You guys rock! Maybe Ken and I will join you in the wild one of these days.

Shaul Family said...

Cute pics but ugly spider. We'll come with you sometime if you take one of our kids with you on your back too. HA HA.