KC & J Bo Family

PLANT SMILES, GROW GIGGLES, HARVEST LOVE

"All that is needed for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." Edmond Burkes


Monday, July 9, 2012

Marshall Broken Leg

3 days after Marshall got his training wheels off he broke his leg. He was riding from a friends house across the street, hit the curb. He lost his balance and fell down the curb with the bike coming down on top of his leg. Thus the spiral fracture of the tibia. I was inside nursing the baby when Paris came inside. She told me "We went to ask Tyler to play and we were riding our bike from across the street and Marshall fell down. Tyler's mom wants you to come outside. OK why does she want me to come outside (I thought maybe Marshall ran into her son or something like that so I wanted the story before going out). Then she says, Oh Marshall is really hurt and says his foot is broken." I ran outside and he is screaming on the ground with the neighbors mom. I pick him up and take him in the house with him screaming.  I get some ice on his foot (that is where he said it hurt the most), turn on a show & give him a popcicle. After about 5 minutes he says he just wants to go to his bed since that will help him feel better. He hadn't stopped crying and screaming the whole time. I had been calling Casey to come home at that point. He gets home & my awesome neighbor said she would watch the older girls so we could take him to the ER (it happened just before 5PM so everything else that could do X-rays was closed).

No comments: